While not in a Wuhan-style lockdown, the Chinese capital has gone into a “wartime” mode on a district level, with local neighborhoods instituting 24-hour security checkpoints, closing schools and banning wedding banquets.The outbreak has been traced to the sprawling Xinfadi wholesale food center in the southwest of Beijing where thousands of tons of vegetables, fruits and meat change hands each day.Beijing marked more neighborhoods as medium-risk areas late on Monday, taking the total to 22. Medium-risk areas are required to take strict measures to prevent the potential entry of infection.Overnight, some parts of Beijing including the city’s old-style hutong neighborhoods were fenced up, with entry and exit restricted to a few round-the-clock security checkpoints. Beijing authorities imposed more restrictions to stop the spread of a fresh outbreak of coronavirus in the Chinese capital to other provinces, banning outbound travel of high-risk people and suspending some transportation services out of the city.Beijing officials reported on Tuesday 27 new confirmed COVID-19 cases for June 15, taking the cumulative number of infections in the city’s current outbreak to 106.That makes it the most serious flare-up in China since February, stoking fears of a second-wave of the respiratory disease which emerged in the central city of Wuhan late last year and has now infected more than 8 million people worldwide. “We work as usual, but neighborhood checks have become more strict,” said Beijing resident Jin Rong, 23.”I’m not worried that Beijing will be like Wuhan, because the current epidemic control measures have kicked in very quickly, and have been very strict. People also have a strong sense of self-protection.”All high-risk people in Beijing, such as close contacts of confirmed cases, are not allowed to leave the city, state media reported on Tuesday, citing municipal officials.Outbound taxi and car-hailing services have also been suspended.Some long-distance bus routes between Beijing and nearby Hebei and Shandong provinces were suspended on Tuesday.Governments in many parts of China have imposed quarantine requirements on visitors from Beijing.One suspected case who flew from Beijing to southwestern Sichuan province has become a confirmed case, health authorities said on Tuesday, and local officials are rounding up 111 close contacts for observation.Hebei province reported four new cases, with two having come into direct contact with a virus carrier in the Chinese capital, and one being an operator at the Xinfadi market.Topics :
He said: “The moment is right – at the end of crisis – to enlarge our product range.”La Française, he added, would look to both French and international institutions for backing.Patrice Genre, founder and former managing director at DTZ Asset Management, has been recruited to run the joint venture.Genre said: “We have seen appetite from investors for London and Germany. They want to invest in France but are desperately looking for asset managers, which France lacks.“You have many small teams offering asset management and then a few larger names.“We want to offer something entrepreneurial but with the security of being a bigger entity.”La Française Real Estate Partners will target returns of 5-6% for core real estate, 10-12% for value-added and 18% for opportunistic.It will focus on Paris and large French cities, particularly offices, followed by retail and industrial properties.The entity will sit alongside La Française’s European network, which, Bertrand said, should allow sharing of clients.Earlier this year, La Française and Forum Partners acquired pan-European fund manager Cushman & Wakefield Investors, renaming it La Française Forum Real Estate Partners.La Française, which manages $9bn (€6.6bn) in French property, bought a 24.9% stake in Forum Partners last year. La Française is launching a new platform dedicated to French real estate and aimed at global institutional investors.The new entity, La Française Real Estate Partners, will look to invest as much as €2bn in French commercial real estate over the next three years and €200m by year-end, covering a range of core/core-plus, value-added and opportunistic strategies.It will be 35% owned by management and 65% owned by La Française Real Estate Managers.Its chief executive, Marc Bertrand, told IPE sister publication IP Real Estate that it was time to increase staff numbers and products with the French market bottoming out and increased appetite from institutional investors.
The Agriculture, Countryside and Land Management Services of the States of Guernsey has just released the latest update on their L’Ancresse coastal protection project. The work has entailed the formation of a rock armor protection over the existing toe of the wall, predominantly in front of panels 4 and 5.Boulders in the region of 3-4 tonnes has been used and were passed over the wall in order to reduce impact on the environment at L’Ancresse.Once on the beach a trench was dug in front of the existing toe and a layer of 4 tonne rocks placed below the beach level, on top of a geotextile membrane, to establish a secure base for the structure.The rock armor was then placed so that it interlocked to create a stable structure against the tidal forces acting upon it.Due to adverse weather conditions during the second week the project has taken a week longer than planned.[mappress mapid=”24884″]
European subsidiary of Australian company Bombora Wave Power has awarded a contract to hovercraft manufacturer Griffon Hoverwork for the supply of a membrane for the mWave device.Under the contract awarded on April 12, 2018, Griffon Hoverwork will be tasked with the design, fabrication, delivery, installation and validation of the flexible membrane system for Bombora’s mWave wave energy converter.The scope of work also entails fixing, testing and monitoring of the large-scale, robust membrane which is suitable for prolonged cyclic use in seawater.Bombora’s mWave device features a series of air-inflated rubber membranes mounted to a concrete structure on the sea floor.As waves pass over the mWave, the air inside the membranes is squeezed into a duct and through a turbine. The turbine spins a generator to produce electricity. The air is then recycled to re-inflate the membranes to prepare them for the next wave.To remind, in November 2017 Bombora unveiled plans to establish office in the south of Wales at Pembroke Dock to house a team focused on a two and a half year, €20 million project to design, fabricate and test the first 1.5MW mWave prototype.At that time, the company said it wanted to access the Marine Energy Test Area (META) in Pembrokeshire, being developed by Marine Energy Wales, which includes access to an exposed ocean testing area. Bombora’s mWave device concept (Image: Bombora Wave Power)
Dearborn/Ohio Counties, In. — The American Cancer Society Relay For Life of Dearborn & Ohio Counties will hold a free Kick-Off for the annual event on Monday, October 15 at 6:00 p. m. in the Rivers Room at the Lawrenceburg Event Center, Lawrenceburg. Everyone is invited to the Kick-Off to learn about how to help the American Cancer Society save more lives from cancer.The program will highlight how the funds raised in the community are used to benefit cancer patients & their families, important cancer research & the multitude of services offered by the American Cancer Society. The event will also honor cancer survivors & caregivers. Guests will have the opportunity to register a team for the Relay For Life event, which will be held on Saturday, May 18 th at Todd Creech Memorial Park, Lawrenceburg. This year’s theme is “Scaring Cancer: A Relay Halloween” so start collecting your Halloween decorations & costumes for some spooky fun in May.The world’s largest grassroots fundraising movement, Relay For Life mobilizes communities throughout the country to celebrate people who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost and provide participants with an opportunity to fight back against cancer.This year, Relay For Life will take place in over 5,000 communities in the United States and 20 other countries and will raise funds to support the mission of the American Cancer Society to save lives by helping people stay well, by helping people get well, by finding cures, and fighting back.The Relay For Life movement is the world’s largest fundraising event to fight every cancer in every community, with four million participants in over 5,000 events worldwide in 2017. Last year, over 500 people participated in the Relay For Life of Dearborn & Ohio Counties & raised over $100,000.For more information about the upcoming kickoff, please contact: Kathy Toburen at 812.350.3273 or Katharine.firstname.lastname@example.org or Josh Ritchey at 419-566-1036 or email@example.com. There is also information at the website.
EC AquaTrojans hosted their Annual Relay Invitational on Saturday and the meet was as exciting as ever. EC Boys finished first while the EC Girls finished in 3rd place.The scores were as follows.Girls-Greenwood 80, Greensburg 76, East Central 58, New Palestine 48, Connersville 38.Boys-East Central 94, Connersville 60, New Palestine 48, Greensburg 42, Greenwood 40.EC won 9 relays on Saturday.200 Medley Relay (Weber N, Shipman, Ketcham, Matthew); 100 Free Relay (Witte, Matthew, Bovard, Badinghaus); 400 Medley Relay (Weber, J, Shipman, Krider); 375 Crescendo Relay (Gutfreund, Bovard, Weber N, Ketcham); Girls 150 Fly Relay (Nixon, Schantz, Hall, K); 150 Fly Relay (Matthew, Badinghaus, Weber, J); 150 Back Relay (Ludwig, Weber, N, Weber, J); 150 Breast Relay (Bessler, Krider, Shipman); 400 Free Relay (Ketcham, Witte, Badinghaus, Bovard).EC travels to Shelbyville to face the Golden Bears on Thursday night. Go AquaTrojans!!Courtesy of AquaTrojans Coach Brandon Loveless.
By Ben DeatherageCOTTAGE GROVE, Ore. – Saturday, April 9, would be the first race of the 2016 race season at Cottage Grove Speedway. It also opened up the 60th anniversary of racing at the historical ¼-mile clay oval.Not only would the pit area swell with a huge car count it would be complimented with jam-packed grandstands full of fans anticipating the first race of the year in the state of Oregon and Collen Winebarger made history as the Xtreme Motor Sports IMCA Modified main event winner.The Modifieds attracted 24 teams for the first race of the campaign and Winebarger got out to the front on the initial start. The feature was slowed by numerous cautions so restarts were key.Winebarger got the job done and led every lap. Kinzer Cox finished second, followed by Craig Hanson, B.J. Wild and John Campos.
THE Smalta U-14 Indoor Hockey League continued with action last Friday at Marian Academy. The Marian Academy facility is the largest being used for the league and can accommodate two courts.In the Girls’ division, Marian Academy, with home court advantage defeated St Joseph 5-0 and Hikers 9-0. Sarah Klautky of the home team was the Smalta’s female top scorer of the day with a solid 5 goals in her two matches.The SHC Silencers and the SHC Sensations both secured victories over GCC teams. Mariah Seegobind of the Silencers continued her scoring streak this week by scoring all 4 goals for her team to guarantee their victory over the GCC Challengers.In the Boy’s division, St Joseph, despite being newcomers to the sport, remained undefeated after Friday’s games. Kalfanni Yan scored an early goal to secure their win over the HHC Hatchets, while the rest of the St Joseph team got in on the scoring action in their 8-1 win against Old Fort.The SHC Scalpels and SHC Scorchers continued where their female counterparts left off by defeating GCC War Dogs 11-0 and GCC Thunder Bolts 7-1.Despite these defeat, GCC Thunder Bolts’ Jason Gomes was the Smalta’s male top scorer of the day with 5 goals in their match against the GCC War Dogs.Games will continue this Friday, March 3 at St Stanislaus College from 16:00hrs to 19:00hrs.
DUBLIN, Ireland (CMC) – West Indies skipper Jason Holder has made it clear that they will be going all out to win the Tri-Nation series against Ireland and Bangladesh which bowls off today.Although only eight of the 15-man squad named for the ICC World Cup are available for today’s opening game against Ireland, Holder said he still expects the regional unit to give a strong showing.Bangladesh are ranked eighth, one place higher than the ninth-ranked Windies, while Ireland are ranked 12th out of the 15 ODI sides.“Ireland and Bangladesh are two very good sides. We’ve been to Bangladesh in the recent past where we didn’t get the overall results we were looking for, but definitely conditions have changed and the dynamics of the team have also changed, so we’re looking to start this tournament really well,” Holder said.“I think once we hit our three departments in terms of batting, bowling and fielding, we’ll definitely be in good stead at the end of it. We see this as an opportunity to get into some match practice and start our preparations into the World Cup.”With the likes of Andre Russell, Chris Gayle, Oshane Thomas, Evin Lewis and Shimron Hetmyer still participating in the IPL, several players not named in the World Cup squad will get an opportunity to prove their worth.Holder said he expects those players to grab the opportunity with both hands.“Guys must see it as an opportunity to showcase what they can do at the international level. I guess many of them have not played ODI cricket and it’s just a case where it is another opportunity for them to be seen on this circuit. When given the opportunity I expect everyone to give of his best,” he said.The Windies captain also comes in the tournament in a rich vein of form.He spent a month playing county cricket with Northamptonshire in the Royal London Cup and County Championships.In the Cup he scored 284 runs in five matches at an average of 71.He said the time spent in England served as good preparation for the series.“It was a solid month for me in terms of having some match practice. I got a few overs under my belt and I also spent some time in the middle, so it was a well spent month and I’m in a really good frame of mind coming into this tournament here,” Holder said.
Tanzanian Champion, Mundi brings an impressive ring record of 14 wins will only two losses, meaning both athletes will be looking to get the best of one another on the night. This night of sporting excellence will be attended by Nigerian celebrities from the worlds of music and film who are great supporters of Ekundayo.The bout promises to be an exciting and thrilling display of African pugilistic talent. This will also be a night of historic magnitude, as it will the first time an African title defence has headlined at the home of British boxing, the York Hall, London.This night is of significant importance to the boxing phenomenon Ekundayo as victory will propel him up the world rankings ahead of a potential title defence in his Homeland of Nigeria on Independence Day, October 1.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram The pride of Nigeria, Larry ‘The Natural’ Ekundayo is gearing up to defend his African Boxing Union title belt against Tanzanian boxing star Saidi Mundi on June 4 in London.Nigerian born Ekundayo, who is the undefeated African Boxing Union champion, International Masters welterweight title holder and the 2012 Prizefighter champion, will once again carry the hopes of Nigeria on his shoulders in a title defence that is set to be an explosive African showdown.