by By Regina Garcia Cano The Associated Press

first_img by By Regina Garcia Cano, The Associated Press Posted Feb 27, 2018 12:52 pm PDT Last Updated Feb 28, 2018 at 7:00 am PDT AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to RedditRedditShare to 電子郵件Email Woman tells police Steve Wynn raped her in ’70s FILE – This March 15, 2016, file photo shows casino mogul Steve Wynn at a news conference in Medford, Mass. A woman has told police she had a child with Wynn after he raped her, while another has reported she was forced to resign from a Las Vegas job after she refused to have sex with him. (AP Photo/Charles Krupa, File) center_img LAS VEGAS, Nev. – A woman told police she had a child with casino mogul Steve Wynn after he raped her, while another reported she was forced to resign from a Las Vegas job after she refused to have sex with him.The Associated Press on Tuesday obtained copies of police reports recently filed by the two women about allegations dating to the 1970s. Police in Las Vegas revealed earlier this month that they had taken the statements after a news report in January revealed sexual misconduct allegations against the billionaire.The allegations are the latest levelled against Wynn by women. He resigned as chairman and CEO of Wynn Resorts on Feb. 6, less than two weeks after the Wall Street Journal reported that a number of women said he harassed or assaulted them and that one case led to a $7.5 million settlement.Wynn has vehemently denied the misconduct accusations the newspaper reported and he attributed them to a campaign led by his ex-wife, whose attorney has denied that she instigated the Jan. 26 news story.One police report obtained by the AP shows a woman told officers that Wynn raped her at least three times around 1973 and 1974 at her Chicago apartment. She reported she got pregnant and gave birth to a girl in a gas station restroom. The woman, the child of the accuser and Wynn, now lives in Las Vegas, according to the report.In one instance, the woman claimed that Wynn pinned her against the refrigerator and raped her. She said he then made a phone call, kissed her on the cheek and left. The report does not explain how Wynn is alleged to have entered the apartment or if they knew each other. The woman claimed she did not give him a key.The second police report shows a woman told police she had consensual sex with Wynn “several times” while she worked as a dealer at the downtown Las Vegas casino-hotel Golden Nugget, but “felt coerced to perform the acts.” She reported she was forced to resign when she turned him down.“In the Summer of 1976, Wynn approached her in the back hall and wanted her to go with him,” according to the report filed Jan. 29. “(S)he told him, “no”, she was done and had someone she was seeing. She was soon after accused of stealing $40.00 and forced to resign.”The women’s names are redacted on the reports, and police said they do not identify people who say they are victims of sex crimes.The Las Vegas case will not be investigated because the statute of limitations in Nevada is 20 years.Ralph Frammolino, spokesman for Wynn, on Tuesday declined comment on the latest allegations.Wynn Resorts is facing scrutiny by gambling regulators in Nevada and Massachusetts, where the company is building a roughly $2.4 billion casino just outside Boston. Regulators in Macau, the Chinese enclave where the company operates two casinos, are also inquiring about the allegations.In addition, groups of shareholders have filed lawsuits in state court in Las Vegas accusing Wynn and the board of directors of Wynn Resorts of breaching their fiduciary duties by ignoring what the lawsuits described as a longstanding pattern of sexual abuse and harassment by the company’s founder.___Follow Regina Garcia Cano on Twitter at https://twitter.com/reginagarciakNOlast_img read more

European Court judgement on IPC ineffectiveness becomes final updated

first_imgA European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) judgment which describes the proceedings at the immovable property commission (IPC) in the north as “protracted and ineffective” has become final.Turkey has not filed an appeal against the court ruling, in the case of Greek Cypriot Andriani Joannou, within the set deadline, a development which renders the court decision final.This, according to legal experts, is tantamount to Ankara admitting the ineffectiveness of the IPC.Three months after the initial judgment, on December 12, 2017, the deadline passed without either party lodging an appeal.The Cyprus News Agency contacted the ECHR, which confirmed that “the judgment in question has become final under the European Convention on Human Rights.”Joannou’s lawyer Achilleas Demetriades said with the case being final now “Turkey admits that in this particular case the court has made the right decision.” Therefore, Ankara “admits that the committee is ineffective, for reasons stated in the judgment,” he pointed out.Demetriades further said that he now expects Turkey to pay damages.Joannou sought compensation for property located in the village of Koma Tou Yialou in the occupied areas. She received the property, five plots of land, as a gift from her aunt. Joannou filed a claim with the immovable property commission in May 2008 for compensation amounting to €2,285,000 approximately.After much delay, she applied to the ECHR in October 2014. The court held in December 2017 that Turkey should pay the applicant €7,000 in respect of non-pecuniary damage and €6,325 in respect of costs and expenses, within three months from the date on which the judgment becomes final.This is the first time since the Demopoulos decision in 2010 – which held the IPC to be an effective remedy in principle – that the ECHR condemns Turkey for the committee’s ineffectiveness.According to Demetriades “the Joannou case is hugely important because the next step after paying damages will involve Turkey presenting the action plan to address individual measures” in relation to violations infringing upon the applicant’s right to property.Demetriades also said that more than 25 cases are pending before the court in Strasbourg, many of them referring in particular to military zones, including the fenced-off area of the occupied town of Famagusta, for which the IPC has no jurisdiction.Turkish Cypriot ‘foreign minister’ suggested that the decision had been twisted by Greek Cypriot media, saying nothing had changed.On the contrary, according to Ozersay, the ECHR decision rejected the claims, saying the IPC was an effective domestic remedy.You May LikeCOPD Treatment | Search AdsAdvanced Stages of COPD Can Be Life Threatening. Find COPD Treatment Today.COPD Treatment | Search AdsUndoUniversityBuzzo9 Tuition-Free Colleges That You Didn’t KnowUniversityBuzzoUndoSportsChewNBA Stars That Took Their Talents To ChinaSportsChewUndo Britain preparing for a no-deal BrexitUndoWidowers threaten legal action over pensionsUndoLicences for ENI and Total to explore block sevenUndoby Taboolaby Taboolalast_img read more