AME Church Donates US$3,000 to Sierra Leone Mudslide Victims

first_imgThe Eliza Turner African Methodist Episcopal Church on Camp Johnson Road, over the weekend donated the amount of US$3,000 to the Sierra Leone Embassy in Monrovia for survivors of the recent environmental catastrophe in Freetown that left about 500 residents dead.Alvin E. Attah, head Pastor of the church, said the gesture is aimed at identifying with the people of neighboring Sierra Leone, where there are many AME Churches that are part of the 14th Episcopal District in seven West African countries.Presenting the money formally at the Sierra Leone Embassy, Mr. Attah said the 14th Episcopal District had already identified with the AME Church in Sierra Leone, so Eliza Turner AME Church in Monrovia decided to go a step further, noting that victims of the incident include people from other denominations and religions so this is the church’s own way of identifying with the Government of Sierra Leone “to let them know that when they are crying, we are also crying, when they are in need, we are also in need.”Rev. Attah noted that the mission of the Church is not only to minister to the spiritual needs of people, but also to seen human kind as one big family therefore, we have come with the love of Jesus to our brothers, sisters, mothers and fathers”, he said.In the early hours of Monday, August 14, 2017, Freetown, the capital of Sierra Leone located in the 14th Episcopal District where E. Earl McCloud, Jr. presides as Bishop, was hit by heavy rain, followed by an unprecedented mudslides and massive flooding.The area has suffered incredible devastation. To-date, more than four hundred (400) people have lost their lives, and over the next five (5) years it is anticipated that more bodies will wash up on the Atlantic shore from this human tragedy. Meanwhile, Head Chancery at the Sierra Leone Embassy here, Dr. Roseline I. Turay, thanked the church for coming to the aid of the people of Sierra Leone, assuring that the money will be forwarded to the Government of Sierra Leone through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Ballon d’Or to be aired on StarTimes

first_imgThe live broadcast of the 2018 Ballon d’Or Ceremony on StarTimes World Football channel is set to start at 11pm Kenyan time tomorrow 3rd December.The company has equally announced the acquisition of exclusive media rights to Coppa Italia & Supercoppa Italiana in Sub-Saharan Africa. The 3 years deal for the two Italian premier Cup competitions will run from 2018/2019 to 2020/2021 season.Coppa Italia is Italy’s single-elimination domestic Cup competition while Supercoppa Italiana is the annual matchup between the winner of Italy’s Serie A versus the Coppa Italia champion.The 2018/19 Coppa Italia is already well underway, with 16 teams from Serie A, Serie B and Serie C taking on each other from December, with the winners joining Serie A’s top eight outfits, who enter the competition at the last-16 stage.Speaking on these latest developments, StarTimes Director of Marketing and PR Japhet Akhulia noted the Live broadcast of the 2018 Ballon d’Or, Coppa Italia & Supercoppa Italiana shows the company’s progressive commitment towards broadcasting premium football content that soccer lovers are in the lookout for.“This year’s Ballon d’Or Ceremony definitely attracts wide attention of football fans given the key candidates for the prestigious award. As we progressively identify and acquire premium sport content, it is a commitment to our service excellence thereby delivering the best in football in the coming days,” noted Akhulia. 0Shares0000Ballon d’ Or, Coppa Italia to be aired on StarTimesNAIROBI, Kenya, Dec 2 – Pay Television Company StarTimes is set to broadcast tomorrow’s (Monday Dec 3) 2018 Ballon d’Or Ceremony where the winner of the annual prestigious football award will be unveiled.Ballons d’Or is considered the highest honor for soccer players where in the past 10 years, the award has seen only two players win the Ballon d’Or – Lionel Messi and Christiano Ronaldo. However, this year’s ceremony is likely to see the end of the pair’s 10-year reign. 0Shares0000(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today)last_img read more